Monday, April 29, 2013

I Have Come to the End of Myself

I've been having a lot of thoughts rolling around in my head, echoing in my heart.  Adoption really isn't for the faint of heart.  And I'm not what you would consider a super strong, stick to it, make-a-way-no-matter-what kind of a person.  I look at other adoptive moms and I pale in comparison.  I look at those who have what seems like dozens of kids and I wonder why they find their energy.  And then there's me...



I'm the mom who second guesses herself.  I'm the mom who hopes that her kids grow up to be amazing adults in spite of her.  I'm the mom who loves being a mom, but wonders if she could be better.  I'm incredibly human, and sometimes that's rough.

And now, with thirteen days left until I board an airplane to head across the ocean,I'M AT THE END OF MYSELF.

2 Corinthians 1:9 has been my verse to cling to: "No longer relying on myself, but instead on the God who raises the dead!"  That's where I'm at.

And yesterday my pastor talked about how that is a key part of overcoming.  And I want to overcome.  I long for that victory in every area of my life.  So today instead of second guessing myself, I am reveling in my weakness -- thanking God for grace that is enough, peace that comes from beyond myself, and for the power that raised Christ from the dead and now lives inside of me.

2 comments:

  1. You don't need to be super-mom. Just faithful mom. Loving mom. Sacrificial mom. A point them to Jesus mom. A God-loving, sold-out for Jesus, forgiven mom. The ones on this side of the ocean and the two over there.. they just need that kind of a mom. You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family until you are safe at home together! Enjoy the journey! "Be strong and steadfast; have no fear or dread ... for it is the LORD, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6) ~Jessa

    ReplyDelete