Friday, April 26, 2013

Mother's Day Meanderings



I'm so excited about Mother's Day this year!  Last year, I was surrounded by three precious children who held my heart.  This year I'll be hugged by four and leaving to bring home two more.  WOW!

I can't even begin to put into words what it feels like to love a child that you did not carry in your womb, but in  your heart.  There is an element, sometimes, of disbelief -- is he really, truly, finally here?  There is an element of overwhelming love -- I can't believe I ever wondered how we'd make it work; I can't imagine life without him.  And there is an element of humility -- why has God entrusted this life into my care?

And the wonder and anticipation for the two who are still growing in our hearts -- just WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment