Saturday, February 23, 2013

Watching Things GROW Is What They Do!


I was really blessed today to hang out at Green Eggs and Goats Farm and learn about Square Foot Gardening.  I gotta say, Heather is pretty impressive ... she even had a Power Point presentation for us -- and the best home grown yummies I've had in ages (from jellies to bread to pudding to cheese).  I got to see her sweet cow and pet her goats and invade her chicken coop.  And then we got to poke around her garden and learn what the deal is with composting and reaping a good harvest.  This lady knows her stuff!




I also met one of my real life inspirational heroes: two-time adoptive mom (this year!) and homeschooling momma who still finds time to be an amazing blessing to others.  And another woman who has four stinkin' adorable kids with big hearts and sweet personalities.  And a bunch of other ladies, too.  This group was super cool.  And they let me tag along for the fun today -- so awesome.

And as I was leaving, I was told I had a week
to match a $200 matching grant!!!
 

I smiled as I drove away, thinking these ladies are all about planting and harvesting, in so many ways.  So here's your chance ... if you help plant into our adoption fund, they'll double our harvest up to $200 -- which means, if we raise that much in one week, we REALLY END UP WITH $400!  How cool is that?!?!
Here's where to get involved if you're interested!
We're working towards bringing our sweet angel home...





No comments:

Post a Comment