Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blind Faith



The country we are going to doesn't guarantee children.  That means that until you are in the country, sitting in the government office looking at files of children, you don't really know who you'll be adopting.  You can start off with an idea, but we've learned a few times over that it doesn't mean a thing.

So this adoption journey that started with a specific child that captured our hearts is ending like the last adoption journey that started with a specific child that captured our hearts: we're heading into the country with very little idea of how this stage of the journey will end.

I've been asked if I'm scared.  I've been given opportunities to try to sway the outcome.  I've been given advice.  And I'm walking in with blind faith, choosing to trust God to lead us to the child that is a part of our family and to take my hands off of the process completely.

All we know is we are heading over there, and we are coming home with one more.   We are returning with the child who has already been birthed in our hearts, invaded our dreams, and whose presence is noticeably missing in our home because they are so real to us all.

Is blind faith really blind?  I don't think so.  It is trust.  It is knowing that the same God who planted this impossibly miraculous child in our hearts knows the exact moment we belong in country to meet them.  It is knowing that God has an appointed time and a chosen child that He is going to entrust to us.  And the anticipation is an opportunity for a faith that can only make me stronger and only serve to strengthen my relationship with Abba, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment