Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nesting Time...We're in the "Third Trimester"

I have this crazy delightfully quirky side of me that comes out in the third trimester of a pregnancy ... or an adoption process.  This is now the fifth time it has happened (actually, sixth, but that's too long of a story to explain) and no one was surprised.  Papa Bear and the Best Friend just laughed.  The firstborn (aka The Princess) recognized the signs and saw it coming from a mile away.  Lil Bit (who shall henceforth be called is having a blast "helping."  Lil Man and the Eldest think Mommy is crazy highly motivated.

Normally when I spring clean, I'll spend a day dusting ceiling corners, another washing windows, another dusting base boards, and so on.

Not so when I'm expecting.

That's when the tooth brushes come out to make sure Every. Little. Speck. comes off of the baseboards.  That's when a room gets gutted and I spackle and sand and paint and organize.  Often with giant trash bags that find their way to the thrift store or the curb.  That's when I empty a dresser, line the drawers, and wash and iron the clothes.  And those are the normal things I do.

In short, INSANITY REIGNS.  And I'm okay with that.  I find it fun.  And the rest of the family loves me enough to go along for the ride.  Not to mention, they love the final result!

So yesterday the goal was to finish assembling a bunk bed and swap the location of the bed and dresser.  Simple and sweet, right?



Except that I really wanted to paint the bed.  And if I had to paint the bed, it had to go out of the room.  And really, since we were painting the bed, didn't it make sense to paint the dresser also?  I mean, it really needed to be done.  REALLY.  As in, I should have done it back in the days when I had only two kiddos (I barely remember those days, ha!).  And if the dresser and bed were getting taken out of the room and a fresh coat of paint, then surely the little cubby shelves could be spruced up, right?  And that leaves us with an empty room...

Which means the 8 year long goal of "Someday" taking up the carpet in that room could become a reality.  Surely you're right with me on this, and can see the LOGICAL train of thought, right?

Oh, and I should add that it was totally Papa Bear's fault inspiring suggestion that turned the walls from a whitish green to a lovely Young Willow.  He's the one who suggested the paint.  I just jumped all over it!

So that's how the GAL'S ROOM began it's makeover.  With the simple suggestion that we finish assembling the bunk bed.  And today I'll paint the trim -- it really needs a good coat to match the rest of the room.  And wax the furniture that's ready for it (which will be a new thing for me).  And give the bed a second coat of paint.  Tomorrow it will all go back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment