Saturday, November 3, 2012

Aren't You Rushing Into This?

"Aren't you rushing into this?"

I have been asked that handful of times over the last few days.  And the answer is "Yes, I'm rushing!  But only after two and a half years of prayers and wrestling and waiting."

You see, Papa Bear and I are rushing to get to Eastern Europe to make sweet Angel ours officially because every day she spends there is one more day she goes unloved by a mother and a father, one more day she lacks the bountiful nutrition and medical attention we long for her to have, one more day she sits and waits without a family.  And one day longer than necessary is too darn long!

But this journey started more than two years ago.  It started with a dream one of us had.  I may share that another time, but it's still pretty special to me and for now it's a little personal.  I think Mary had it right; Luke tells us she took all these things and pondered them in her heart.  I'm a ponderer.  I love to meditate on what God has shared.  And while a lot pours out, sometimes the most precious gems belong kept in the treasure chest.

After we had our little Warrior, we adopted the Eldest.  But still we prayed for a precious baby girl, because the longing was intense.  God gives us the desires of our heart, and that desire just kept growing and growing and growing.

Until we saw her face.  And then the desire became a passionate longing to hold our daughter.  So that is what we are doing ... working to bring our girl home!

No comments:

Post a Comment