Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Adoption is a Rainy Journey

I think God is really wanting me to learn that He calls me to walk by faith and not by sight. I'm listening and trying to learn. Last night when I cried before Him, I pictured a dreary day of rain. Bare branches, naked earth, gray skies. And then God reminded me that during this dormant time, as the heavens weep over the earth, new life is rooting beneath the surface so that it is strong enough to sustain the victorious blossoms that will burst forth at their appointed time. Even though I cannot see them. Yet.


Adoption is like that.  It's full of rain.  There are puddles, there is thunder, there are slippery spots.  And it all brings new life and growth and beauty.  It's necessary.

Our last adoption journey felt like a roller coaster.  There were days I wondered how we'd make it to the final stretch, although I never doubted that we would.  This time around is not quite the same because I learned the precious truth last time that GOD IS WORTHY.

I always knew that.  But I don't know that I had ever lived it in quite the way I had to when we adopted our Eldest.  And now we are adopting our Angel.  God alone knows what our angel looks like, what she enjoys, what she hopes for.  God alone knows how our family will look when He completes it.  All we know is that He is growing us again, and like all growing things we need the watering process, too.  So it's raining in our lives right now, but instead of hiding and waiting for it to pass I'm going to DANCE in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment